Learning how to bulk edit listings in your Etsy Shop is important as it will save you a great deal of time if you want to increase prices or change shipping profiles. This is especially important with Etsy's incentives for shop owners of preferential placement if they offer “free shipping” to buyers. Bulk Editing is important so that you can change the price to absorb the cost of shipping if you are new to free shipping on Etsy.
Now, the question is how. First, I'm going to answer some questions you may have. Then, I will “tell you” (with text) and “show you” (with a video) how to bulk edit your listings. So, let's get started!
What is Bulk Editing?
Bulk editing allows you to edit 2 – 200+ listings in your shop all at the same time with a couple of clicks. What a time saver this is for an Etsy shop owner. It has definitely helped us when if wanted to edit multiple listings in our 3000+ listings in our shop.
What can you edit with Bulk Editing?
With bulk editing, you can edit titles, tags, descriptions, prices and personalization. You can also change production partners, renewal options, shipping profiles or sections. This is especially helpful with the new “free shipping” changes that are being incorporated on Etsy.
Now, we're on to the step by step guide on how to bulk edit your listings.
How to Bulk Edit your Listings
1. Go to Shop Manager > Listings.
2. Go to Sections. Click on the Section or Sections where the listings you want to edit are located. You can choose one Section or all of the Sections. If you want to do two or more sections (but not all), you will have to do the sections individually.
If you are completing this bulk edit due to the new free shipping changes, I will assume you are going to increase your price on certain items to absorb the cost of free shipping. If that's the case, I would recommend revising listings based on the amount of the increase in price. For example, if you are increasing the cost of jewelry by $5 to cover the cost of first class shipping plus the cost of packing materials, then choose all first class jewelry listings.
3. After you have chosen the Section or Sections, you will need to choose the listings you want to edit. You can choose them by clicking on each one you want to edit, or click on the entire page (40 listings on the page as outlined below) or every listing in the section (274 listings on all pages as shown below).
4. After you have chosen the listings you want to edit, choose what you would like to edit (titles, tags, etc.). If you're completing this bulk edit due to the new shipping changes (free shipping), I would edit the price first.
5. If you're editing price, you can put in the amount you want to increase and click Apply. This will increase the price of all listings chosen by the amount you've chosen. In the example below it's $3.00 per listing.
6. Next, edit the shipping profile that you have created to offer free shipping. In this case, it would be a Media Mail free shipping profile. If you have a question on setting up a shipping profile, please check out my blog post, Setting up Shipping Profiles in Etsy – Step by Step Guide.
After you have chosen the shipping profile, the bulk editing is complete. If you want to me to “show you” how this is done, please click on the video below.
I hope this answers all your questions about Bulk Editing.
If you like this post, please feel free to share. If you have any questions, please let me know.