Before we begin, gather your supplies. Use the supplies you have around the house as much as possible.
You will need the following supplies:
- 1-2 picture frames
- 1 can spray paint
- 1 can spray chalkboard paint
- Chicken wire (large enough to cover the frame)
- Wire cutters
- Stapler and staples (from a craft store or home improvement store; not an office stapler)
- Tarps to put under the frames while painting
- Heavy duty gloves to protect your hands from the chicken wire
- Latex gloves to protect your manicure from the paint
- Mask to protect your airway from the paint
- Safety goggles while you are stapling (just in case)
- Either the backing that came with the frame (if it can be painted) or a piece of thin wood the size of the opening (measure from the back)
Now for Step 1 – Choose a paint color and
I used spray paint because I think it is easier than using paint and a brush. If you spray light coats and let them dry in between, you don’t have to worry about brush strokes. Choose a color that works with the decor of your home or office. No sanding is necessary unless your frame has a high gloss finish.
Easy, right? I like things that are easy peasy. Just be patient and let the paint dry in between coats. Also, be sure to paint outside or in a well ventilated area and wear a mask and gloves to protect your airway and manicure. Click below for the next step.