Finally, besides holding gloves, what could these glove boxes be used for? The following are our Top 10 uses for these unique pieces.
1. Jewelry box – Jessica, at Chronically Vintage, talks about how she stores her glove collection and what she has done with her glove box now that her gloves have outgrown the collection. Her glove is now used to store her jewelry – what a great way to hold your favorite jewels and dress up your vanity or dresser.
2. Store trinkets and all your special mementos (mother’s locket, son’s lock of hair from his first hair cut, baby’s first rattle, etc.)
3. The perfect item to hold love notes from your honey (where you can read them or just to know they are there and that you are loved)
4. Wedding trinkets (garter, invitation, RSVPs, favor, cake server and knife, etc.)
5. Rose box for flower girl to dispense flowers at your wedding or vow renewal ceremony
6. Baby momentos (first tooth, lock of hair from first hair cut, baby rattle, first bib, shower cards, etc.)
7. Gift box holding that special gift (grandmother’s jewelry, mother’s favorite bracelet, dad’s cuff links, etc.)
8. Special fountain pen, pen or pencil collection to store on your desk in a lovely glove box
9. Watch collection storage – since the watches are special, the glove box should be too
10. A place to hold your most special jewelry (pearls, rhinestone necklace, Tiffany bracelet, etc.)
Finally, a glove box can hold gloves, of course (gloves from senior prom, your wedding)!
I hope you will find a glove box or two to add to your home. After all, you can’t help but love a collection with a purpose.
Keep Making Your Life More Lovely with vintage items!